Middlewood Nursery opened in 2004 and has a registered occupancy of 100 children. Elmore Kindergarten opened the nursery in 2004 in a building that was built in 1877 and previously the old porters lodge for Middlewood Hospital. Despite a purpose-built building being added during the conversion and renovation work, great care was taken to retain elements of the original appearance of the building.
The nursery sits at the entrance of Wadsley Park and is set within Middlewood Park Conservation Area, and as such has an amazing woodland feel to the outdoor provision for the children, some of who are enthusiastic gardeners. With the support of staff, the children have recently achieved Level 4 RHS School Gardening Award and are currently working towards level 5.
Why you’ll love Middlewood:
- Rated as a ‘Good Provider’ of Childcare by Ofsted
- Cosy, home from home environment.
- Hand-picked, qualified and warm staff.
- Parking areas for an easy drop-off and pick-up.
- Healthy, balanced meals & snacks.
- Kept in the loop with the ‘Famly’ app.
- Creative and exciting activities every day.
- Established for 18 years with a good reputation.