Middlewood Nursery opened in 2004 and has a registered occupancy of 100 children, although more recently it has taken the decision to reduce in size to provide a cosier, home from home environment. Elmore Kindergarten opened the nursery in 2004 in a building that was built in 1877 and previously the old porters lodge for Middlewood Hospital. Despite a purpose-built building being added during the conversion and renovation work, great care was taken to retain elements of the original appearance of the building.
The nursery sits at the entrance of Wadsley Park and is set within Middlewood Park Conservation Area, and as such has an amazing woodland feel to the outdoor provision for the children, some of who are enthusiastic gardeners. With the support of staff, the children have recently achieved Level 3 RHS School Gardening Award and are currently working towards level 4.
Why you’ll love Middlewood:
- Long-standing staff team creates wonderful family feel.
- Cosy, home from home nursery.
- Well-resourced ample outdoor area to encourage the children to play and explore.
- Large parking area for easy drop-off and pick-up.
- A wide range of exciting activities.
- 5 out of 5 stars for Food Hygiene.
- Makaton-trained staff.
- Established for 14 years with a good reputation.